This course will discuss the basics of ICD-10-CM coding as well as provide a chapter-by-chapter look at codes and guidelines. This can be used as a refresher for coders that want to strengthen their skills in ICD-10-CM coding, or to further develop the skills of healthcare professionals!
Included are 2.5 hours of slides with instructor video that include demonstrations of how to utilize the ICD-10-CM code book, as well as some animated clips to tie into the material.
What you’ll learn:
- How to look up and verify an ICD-10-CM code
- Guidelines that apply to all 21 chapters of ICD-10-CM
- Sequencing guidelines for medical diagnoses
Who this course is for:
- Medical coders who want to strengthen their ICD-10-CM skillset
- Healthcare providers who want to learn how to code medical diagnoses
- Job seekers looking to get their feet wet in medical coding
- Anyone interested in learning diagnosis based medical coding
The course is approved for 2.5 AAPC CEUs for all core credentials and all specialties except CIRCC and CPMS. ICD-10-CM Manual not included. It is strongly encouraged to have a current year ICD-10-CM manual for this course. A free pdf copy of the ICD-10-CM coding manual can be downloaded at the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/icd/icd10cm.htm.
Note: This course is included in the Risk Adjustment Coding Course and does not need to be purchased separately.
Check out this sneak preview of the course!